Coconut oil not only helps you beautify but also protects your health and cleans your lovely home. If you are looking for a versatile natural material to replace toxic industrial products, coconut oil is the right candidate!
Are you looking to improve dry skin, curly hair, and chapped lips? Coconut oil can help you have soft skin, shiny hair, and charming lips. Not only has a natural moisturizing effect, but coconut oil can also help you prevent disease and bring many other benefits.
Let’s explore the smart ways to use coconut oil to make you beautiful and healthier.
1. Use coconut oil for hair
You can use coconut oil to condition your hair to restore dry, frizzy, and curly hair. If you know how to condition hair with coconut oil, you not only prevent damage but also help your hair softer. Apply three ways to use coconut oil, such as conditioner, moisturizer, and hair mask.
• Conditioner: You wash your hair as usual, then brush coconut oil through your hair from the middle to the top and rinse with fresh water.
• Moisturizing oil: Massage a little coconut oil through your hair to moisturize after shampooing and rinsing hair.
• Hair mask: You make a hair mask by applying coconut oil to your hair and leave it on for a few hours before washing it off again.
On the condition that your hair is short, you can use one teaspoon of coconut oil. With long hair, you can use two tablespoons of coconut oil. You should only use coconut oil for the middle to the ends to avoid greasily.
2. Use coconut oil for face skin
You can use coconut oil to remove makeup or to help care for smoother skin. If you have dry skin, coconut oil will be a natural moisturizer that helps to soften the skin.
If you are concerned about conventional makeup remover products containing chemical preservatives, you can use makeup remover coconut oil. Coconut oil has an antibacterial effect, dissolves fat, helps to wash away the dirt and cosmetics on your face.
You can apply makeup remover with coconut oil according to the following instructions:
- Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to a makeup remover
- Apply coconut oil evenly on face and massage gently
- Use a clean cotton pad to wipe away the oil on the face
- Do it one more time if you do not see all the dirt
- Rewash your face with a facial cleanser to avoid clogged pores that cause acne.
Also, you should only be applied to the layer of dirt or gentle makeup. Oily skin is best not to use coconut oil in clever ways to remove makeup.
If you don’t have oily skin, you can try using coconut oil to treat acne. Three main effects: kill bacteria, moisturize, and fight inflammation. Coconut oil also contains vitamin E that helps to resist oxidation, repel free radicals that cause skin damage and fade acne scars.
You need to choose pure coconut oil to limit the risk of skin irritation. How to use acne coconut oil as follows:
- Rinse face with warm water, then dry face
- Put coconut oil on the skin, massage clockwise 7 – 8 minutes
- Relax for 10 minutes, and then you rinse with cleanser and clean water
3. Use coconut oil as lip balm
Coconut oil is one of the secrets to treating dry, chapped lips at home. If you do not want to use products with chemical ingredients, you can apply coconut oil as a kind of “lip balm” naturally.
As long as you apply a thin layer, coconut oil will moisturize your lips for hours. Even coconut oil also provides some substances to help protect the lips from the sun.
You should combine coconut oil with other tips for soft lip balm such as drinking lots of water, exfoliating, covering sleeping masks, using a humidifier, and limiting the use of matte lipstick.
4. Use coconut oil for teeth
Coconut oil is good for teeth thanks to its effect against Streptococcus mutants. This type of bacteria in the mouth causes dental plaque, tooth decay, and gum disease.
In one study, a 10-minute use of coconut oil to reduce these bacteria was as effective as rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash. Also, in another study, coconut oil also significantly reduced inflammation and plaque in adolescents with gum disease.
You can use coconut oil in clever ways by rinsing your mouth for 1-2 minutes, then brush your teeth with toothpaste and rinse with water.
To avoid that congealed coconut oil, causing clogging of the drainage system, you should release coconut oil in a cup and then pour it out.
There is a wide range of smart ways to use coconut oil, you can learn more.