If you are looking for a versatile natural material to replace toxic industrial products, coconut oil is really the right candidate! Let’s explore ways to use coconut oil effectively to make you beautiful and healthier.
Use coconut oil for the whole body
Coconut oil can help you reduce the harmful effects of UV rays in the sun, moisturize the entire body, soothe skin irritation, and eczema.
Reduce harmful UV rays
Coconut oil can protect the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays, thereby reducing the risk of skin cancer, wrinkles, and brown spots. A study (1996) found that coconut oil has the effect of blocking about 20% of the sun’s UV rays.
However, you should remember the protective effect of coconut oil is not the same as a regular sunscreen (blocks about 90% of UV rays). Another study estimated that coconut oil has an SPF of 7, still lower than the minimum recommended in some countries.
Moisturize the skin
You can use coconut oil as a natural moisturizer for your legs, arms, and elbows. You can also use coconut oil effectively on your face skin. However, people with oily skin should not use this coconut oil.
Coconut oil is also one of the natural ingredients to help treat cracked heels. You only need to apply a thin layer to the heel before going to bed. You should wear socks and continue to use coconut oil every night until the heel is smooth.
If you have stretch marks during pregnancy, you can also use coconut oil effectively to moisturize the back, abdomen, thighs, calves. Coconut oil is from natural sources, so moms can safely use it every day without worrying about affecting their babies.
Soothe skin irritation and eczema
Research shows that coconut oil works to improve skin inflammation and other skin disorders, at least in the same way as mineral oils and regular moisturizers.
In a study (2014) in children with eczema, 47% of the children treated with coconut oil showed marked improvements.
Use coconut oil to lose weight
Some researchers claim that coconut oil helps with weight loss by promoting calorie-burning, reducing belly fat, and reducing cravings.
• Coconut oil enhances calorie-burning: Coconut oil contains MCT fatty acid chains that are quickly absorbed and can help improve calorie burning. One study (1996) found that 15 – 30 grams of MCT increased the number of calories burned, on average 120 in 24 hours.
• Effect on reducing belly fat: Coconut oil can help reduce belly fat (also known as visceral fat), which may increase the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
In one study (2011), obese men lost 2.54 cm of their waist by adding two tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil to their diet.
Another study (2009) looked at women on a calorie-restricted diet. Those who consumed two tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil daily had a reduced waist size, while the soy oil group noticed a slight increase.
• Reduce cravings: The MCT fat chains in coconut oil can help reduce hunger, leading to a reduction in natural calories. In one study (1998), men who followed a high MCT diet consumed fewer calories and lost more weight than men who ate a low or moderate MCT diet.
Use coconut oil when having sex
Women who have vaginal dryness will need lubricant during sex to enjoy hot sex. If you are afraid to go to the store to buy lubricants or greases, you can use coconut oil instead. It is a natural lubricant with antibacterial properties, so it will help prevent bacterial infections in the private area.
However, if you want to prevent pregnancy, you should not use coconut oil and condoms together. Coconut oil can erode the rubber layer, which can lead to tears or punctures. Also, now people said that we should prevent hickeys when making love together.
Use coconut oil cooking
Coconut oil can become raw material to make mayonnaise, salads, or chocolate.
• Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is usually made from unsanitary oils like soybean or vegetable oils along with various preservatives and chemicals. If you want to be safe for your health, you can try making your mayonnaise with ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, chicken eggs, lemon, mustard.
• Salad: If you love a nice salad with lots of fruits and vegetables, don’t forget to add some coconut oil. It can be a weight loss salad that helps you reduce cravings while still ensuring nutrition.
• Chocolate: Girls who like to cook in the kitchen can try to make chocolate from ingredients such as cocoa, milk powder, vanilla, sugar, and coconut oil. The health benefits of chocolate are not only good for your heart, good for your brain, but also improve your mood.
When using coconut oil for cooking, you only need to use a small amount to enhance the flavor. In particular, you should choose new pure coconut oil good for health.
People often don’t make use of all the uses of coconut oil, there is a lot of ways to use it.