If your baby or toddler is sniffling and coughing, try methods in our last article. After that, you should how to take care of your child better:
Keep the baby environment clean and airy
In dry weather like in autumn and winter, use a humidifier to reduce dust in the air, making your baby more comfortable. Mother should use essential oils such as melaleuca essential oil and herbs rubbed on the baby’s chest. Turn on the humidifier overnight will produce positive results.
Enhance breastfeeding if your baby is still breastfeeding
Warm breast milk and natural liquid can soothe the throat while increasing fluid in the body so that it is easier for children to push out the bacteria.
Wash your nose, pat your child’s back
This way is a treatment step that can be considered the most important for most children with respiratory diseases. It also has an essential effect on the post-disease treatment phase of children. Parents keep their babysitting upright or lying on their lap, cupping their hands to pat their backs before and after washing their nose and throat. Do not manipulate when children are coughing.
Keep your baby’s head taller
Add more pillows to your baby’s upper part. This position helps your baby to breathe more easily. For babies under one year of age, pads should be placed under the cushion to raise the head area.
Give your child plenty of water, eat lots of fruit
Drinking lots of water helps your child calm down and relieve cough. Many studies have shown that giving children plenty of fluids is effective at reducing mucus equivalent to using long-term, long-term, safe, non-fearful, and reactive drugs. Avoid coughing children using orange juice as it may cause throat swelling if the child has a cough injury.
Go for children
In the evening before going to bed, parents use warm oil to rub on the soles of the feet, then use their hands to massage more and more around the strong points in the soles of the feet and then put them on for children. This way is an article in Oriental medicine, which is considered to be miraculous. Usually, only three to five nights will the child reduce and then stop coughing. Some cases can be used on the first night.
If your baby has nasal congestion, clear the nose
– Big baby: guide your baby to blow their nose correctly. Blunt each side. Press one side of your nose with your finger, blow on the other hand and do the opposite. Note: do not block two nozzles at the same time.
– Small children: parents use soft paper to put corners (wick worms), but just enough to the baby’s nose. Do it several times until you clear your nose. In case of severe nasal congestion, parents should use 0.9% trichloride solution 2-3 drops at each side of the nose, then clean the nose with soft tissue.
Follow up to detect signs that need to be taken immediately to the hospital such as: not drinking or quitting, tired breathing, high fever.
Things not to do
– Arbitrarily using nasal drops with vasoconstrictor because it can poison the baby, very dangerous.
– Use mouth to suck the baby’s nose because it can spread infectious disease.
– Use a cotton swab to pick your nose as it can damage your baby’s nose.
In addition to using traditional remedies, parents should limit their children to eating and drinking close to the time before going to bed. It is best to feed your child before going to bed for at least an hour. Before going to bed, give me a spoonful of warm honey. Warm honey will help your child stop coughing, make the cough lesson, and help them sleep better. Parents also note not to use honey for babies under 1-year-old.
When going to bed, should put a pillow for your baby, head, and shoulders higher than the body to prevent mucus or mucus from flowing into the throat. Keep your child warm when sleeping, not open his belly, open his arms easily to make him cold and kiss more.
In the case of children with a lot of coughs, parents should give their children plenty of water, eat thin porridge easily digestible, limit the consumption of easy-to-stimulate foods such as shrimp, crabs, crabs.
Keep away from children from polluted environments such as a lot of cigarette smoke and road dust. Cases of severe coughing for more than five days, accompanied by symptoms such as the runny nose, deep cough, dyspnea, abdominal pain, should be taken to the doctor. Do not arbitrarily use antibiotics or cough suppressants when not prescribed by a doctor.
SHOULD CALL 911 IF YOUR CHILD:
- Is unconscious or not breathing
- Is gasping for breath
- They have trouble breathing or is breathing very fast when notcoughing
- Has severecoughingattacks or continuouscoughing
- Can not cry, or talk because of breathing trouble
- Grunts when breathing
- Has blue lips
- Might have a little object caught in her throat
- Is breathing quite fast (this is also a symptom of fever)
- Looks very sick
Coughsin young children can be due to several illnesses. Most often, a cough gets better on its own and does not need to be a cause for concern.
Call Doctor If Your Child:
- Is younger than one year old and still has trouble breathing after you cleaned out her nose.
- Might have alunginfection or a reactive airways disease episode.
- Iswheezing, or making a high-pitched signal sound when breathing out or in.
- Can not take a deep breath because ofchest painor coughed-upblood.
- Has a fever which lasts longer than 72 hours.
We hope that you could properly take care of your child when they are being cough!
Good luck to you!