A child with an unpleasant cough is a significant worry for mothers when they have small children. Let’s take a look at some ways to stop coughing for kids:
The cause of externalities causes coughing
- Do sleep immediately after eating.
- Children have fun playing and jumping too much.
- The child eats continuously during the night makes the muscles weaken. The upper mouth of the thick skin does not close. This is causing the stagnant fluid in the stomach to reflux up into the esophagus; the larynx causes coughing intermittently.
Identify the agents that cause coughing
– The virus may cause severe cough in the morning; Cough with fever. When the virus invades, causing a sore throat or a cold, the baby often coughs up green mucus (yellow) in the first few days. The cough lasts long without signs of remission. If accompanied by continuous fever, causing vomiting and vomiting, it is necessary to take the baby to the first examination.
If mild symptoms do not need treatment, the cough will go away on its own. Your baby may have a cough due to a fever or a cold. When symptoms of illness, colds go down, the cough also disappears.
Give your baby enough water (milk with babies), especially when it is hot. Your doctor may prescribe paracetamol to your baby. Most symptoms will decrease after 4-5 days, although mild cough continues every week.
More severe symptoms after 4-5 days should be taken immediately to the doctor. If necessary, the doctor will treat antibiotics with the baby. In some cases, after an infection, the baby will have a persistent “cough” disease that is usually mild, does not appear at night.
– Cough with wheezing; A persistent cough, dry cough, a lot of cough in the evening may be due to asthma. Especially for families with a history of asthma.
Baby needs to be examined immediately. Cough continually demonstrates asthma out of parental control and requires medication treatment. Many babies are also prevented and relieved by asthma inhalers.
Cigarette smoke has a significant impact on children with asthma. Children who have parents who smoke are twice as likely to have coughing than those whose parents do not smoke.
– Cough after choking may still be due to a foreign object in the bronchus (like a bean). If you suspect anything, you should get your baby to see your doctor right away. The doctor will perform surgery to remove the object that is trapped in the baby.
– Many babies have milk-related coughs that leak into their lungs. This way may be due to the ability to coordinate swallowing and weak breathing (probably because the baby is breastfed in a long horizontal position). The situation will be improved when the baby is breastfed in a standing position.
Give your baby honey before bedtime
Giving your baby a teaspoon of honey before they go to bed will help soothe the night bouts. Thereby improving your baby to have a good night’s sleep.
The doctors of Pennsylvania Children’s Hospital (USA) have drawn the above conclusion after testing on 105 babies. As a result, in babies who get honey before bedtime, night coughs are significantly reduced, and babies sleep better and more profound.
However, mothers should note that honey is only used when the baby is over one year old.
Massage baby’s liver
To stop coughing for kids, put a few drops of olive oil or almond oil on your palms, rub them, and massage the soles of the baby. Swipe slowly, gently and evenly in the direction from heel to toe. If your baby does not get a cough, massage with some olive oil (can be replaced with coconut oil). When your baby has a cough, it is advisable to use fuel similar to Vicks VapoRub with peppermint oil to have a very productive cough treatment.
Mom can massage each leg for each baby or both legs at the same time.
The doctors also give useful advice for mothers to keep them warm while sleeping in the winter:
For babies over two years old, if you are afraid that they will be cold when they sleep, you should use Vicks oil VapoRub for the baby’s neck and shoulder blades. This oil does not make your baby hot but helps keep your baby’s skin warm if it is cold.
Flap your baby’s sputum
In the case of coughing sputum, the mother can give the child a syrup with sputum or by flapping.
The way of fluttering is effortless: cup your hand and pat the baby’s back area, the part between the shoulder blades. Making the rhythm always and should let the baby lie or sit with the head slightly lowered.
After this move, your baby may cough a lot and vomit, spitting up phlegm. So, it is necessary to do it at the time of hunger, preferably in the morning, when the baby has not eaten anything.
For children who cannot produce sputum, the mother can stimulate her to vomit. It may be by using a thin towel to gently wipe her mouth and tongue, gently stimulating the throat.
Some nursing mothers find that breastmilk can soothe their throat and cure their cough. So, when a baby has a cough, the mother can enhance breastfeeding (with babies who are still breastfeeding) increase the fluid in babies’ body. It also pushes out the bacteria in the baby’s lungs.
Licorice tea contains antibacterial ingredients, soothes the throat, and respiratory tract. Because licorice tea is also sweet, it can be convenient for children, including babies. This tea will help children become warmer and quieter. Parents should give their children three times a day, depending on their age.
Mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil and two drops of eucalyptus oil, sage, rosemary and peppermint oil in a bowl. Rub the mixture on your baby’s chest while they are sleeping. This way will reduce coughing and soothe your baby’s airways.
A warm bath can help ease any congestion in your baby’s chest and help him calm down. Adding a few drops of lavender or chamomile oil to the bathroom can also cause your baby’s airways to ease coughing.
To stop coughing for kids, using a humidifier can help reduce dust in the air and make your baby more comfortable. Take herbal oil, like eucalyptus and rosemary, rub on your baby’s chest. Also, turn on the humidifier overnight for optimal results.
Lemon balm and kumquat
Choose about 15 – 16 lemon basil leaves and from 4 – 5 blueberries, rinse, put into a pure blender. After that, add it to a bowl, add an adequate amount of alum sugar, steam for 20 minutes. Give your baby consecutive 1-2 times/day until the cough is gone.
Chives and alum sugar
Choose between 5 – 10 chives and a sufficient amount of alum sugar. All in a bowl, steamed with water. Then drink water for your baby to drink. Each time to drink about 2-3 teaspoons drinks two times/day.
Get clean white rose petals mixed with alum sugar just enough, some filtered water, steamed water. Give baby 3-4 times / day, 1 spoon / time.
We also hope that you can know how to stop coughing for your kids better!