Once you clearly understand how intermittent fasting method works and affects your body, it’s time to start the journey. IF method is unlike a dietary that restrict the calories but to control the time you eat and fast then. You may search for the information that the IF method can have some side effects like dizzy, exhausted and out of energy. This is right for some beginners. But don’t worry too much, here are some tips for you if you want to start intermittent fasting method.
Set your goal clearly
Most of everyone start a diet with a goal of health and fitness. By setting a clear and ultimate, you can start intermittent fasting much more easily.
Weight loss. You may test many eating diets but don’t work? IF method can effectively burn your stored fat by reducing insulin, and increases HGH.
Improve health condition. As a result of reducing insulin, IF method can prevent diabetes, heart risk, and inflammation.
Lengthen your lifespan. Patiently apply intermittent fasting method can protect you against Alzheimer’s and cancer that help you live healthier and longer.
Choose an appropriate way
There are usually 3 ways of IF method for you to choose, for details, check here. Before you start intermittent fasting, consider your body condition for the proper way.
- If you usually skip breakfast, the 16/8 method may be good for you.
- In case your workload in the office is slight, you can apply the Eat-stop-eat method.
- On the other hand, your workload is quite heavy, the 5/2 method may be appropriate for you.
Ask your doctor for advice
If you have some health problem and want to start intermittent fasting, it’d be better to talk to your doctor first. He will give you advice on your health condition and suggest which amount of calories you need.
Although this method does not restrict how many calories a person should consume when fasting, it is ideal to eat nutrient-dense food, not junk food.
Relieve your worries
Once you start intermittent fasting, you may have many worries beside the hungry feeling.
- Skipping breakfast is ok. You may be familiar with the saying that breakfast is the most important meal in the day. Yes, it’s is important but not the most at all. Because it’s the neutral meal, it means to ”break” the ”fast” throughout the night. If you apply the 16/8 method, it’s ok to skip your breakfast. Your body will burn your fat to take the energy so that you still can work as usual.
- You may think that your metabolism will slow down? Surprisingly, it’s the opposite. Intermittent fasting can increase your metabolism and help you retain more muscle while losing weight.
Make it gradually
Your body can be shocked if you suddenly fast for 16 hours. Just start intermittent fasting step by step.
- It’s a good idea to delay your meal and lengthen the time to fast. For example, if you usually eat dinner at 8 pm last night and wake up at 8 am the next morning, you have just fasted for 12 hours.
- Don’t eat breakfast yet if you are not hungry. If you’re scared not have the energy to work, eat at 8 am or 9 am at the initial days. If you find it’s ok, eat breakfast at 10 am, then you have fasted for 16 hours successfully!