So, How to Remove Dead Skin from Your Face?
What is exfoliating?
Exfoliating is a familiar concept when we talk about removing dead skin cells from the body.
Dead skin is essentially a normal development process of the human body. In the body, metabolism is continuous, and of course, dead cells will be replaced with new ones.
So, exfoliating or exfoliating is a crucial stage before implementing skincare treatments for everyone, regardless of age or gender.
The reason you should exfoliate
Every day, your skin must be in constant contact with external agents such as dust, UV rays, …
Moreover, every day, our bodies always undergo internal changes such as hormonal changes, deficiency of essential vitamins.
That is the reason affecting the soft, smooth skin. Therefore, exfoliating is a good habit that all beauty experts recommend and remind you to do.
Should exfoliate for the skin at home?
Why should you learn to exfoliate your face at home instead of going to the Spa? There are many reasons, including:
Natural home remedies for skin all use skin-safe ingredients, avoiding skin irritation, redness, or allergies when using skincare products or solutions in The Spa.
Exfoliating your face is quite simple that you can do it yourself, unlike body scrubs. Therefore, you can thoroughly exfoliate your skin at home.
Exfoliating facial skin at home also helps you save time, effort, and beauty costs. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to the Spa regularly for skincare, especially exfoliation. Therefore, please equip yourself with pure beauty knowledge at home to take care of yourself.
Know your skin type
Before choosing an exfoliator, it is essential to know what kind of skin you have. Keep in mind that your skin type could change with age, weather changes, and lifestyle factors, such as smoking.
There are 5 major skin types:
- Dry.This skin type is to have dry patches and requires more moisture. You notice that your skin gets even dryer in cold, dry weather.
- Combination.This skin type is not dry, but it is not all-out oily, either. You might have an oily T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin) and dryness around your cheeks and jawline. Also, combination skin is themost common skin type.
- Oily.It is characterized by excess sebum, the natural oils produced by the sebaceous glands underneath your pores. This leads toclogged poresandacne.
- Sensitive.This type of skin is irritated by fragrances, chemicals, and other synthetic materials. You can have sensitive skin that is also dry, oily, or a combination.
- Normal.This type of skin does not have any dryness, oiliness, or sensitivity. It is pretty rare, as most people’s skin has at least some oiliness or dryness.
You should see a dermatologist or esthetician help you determine your skin type. You can do it at home by following steps:
- Wash your face, making sure to remove any makeup well.
- Then, dry your face, but do not apply any toner or moisturizer.
- Wait about one hour and then gently dab a tissue over different parts of your face.
Here is what you are looking for:
- If the tissue absorbs oil over your entire face, you can have oily skin.
- If the tissue only absorbs oil in certain areas, then you have combination skin.
- If the tissue does not have any oil, you have either healthy or dry skin.
- If you have any scaly or flaky areas, then you have dry skin.
While it seem like dry skin is the only type that would have flakes of dead skin cells, this could happen with any skin type. So even if you find some chips, you will want to use an exfoliator that is best suited for your skin type.
Here are ways to exfoliate facial skin at home from natural ingredients, sure to be useful for women who are looking for an effective and safe method. Save it right away!
Brown sugar topped the list of natural ingredients in facial scrubs. This is also the most straightforward method that you can do at home for only 15 minutes a day. Brown sugar has a large grain that helps scrub and remove all types of dirt and remove dead skin horny cells on the skin.
Along perform exfoliation with brown sugar follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Prepare ingredients including three teaspoons of brown sugar and one non-foaming cleanser that suits your skin.
- Step 2: Mix these two ingredients and put in a clean bowl.
- Step 3: Apply immediately to the skin when brown sugar is not dissolved in the mixture. Perform gentle skin massage in a circular motion from inside to outside and from bottom to top.
- Step 4: Wash your face with cold water and use a damp washcloth on the front or let the skin dry naturally.
Brown sugar is a natural ingredient available in household kitchen cabinets. So do not be lazy to exfoliate your skin once you know a simple and easy method like this. Working hard two times/week helps you own soft skin and prevent signs of aging skin.
White sugar does not have many benefits for facial skin, but when combined with other ingredients, white sugar also becomes a straightforward way to exfoliate facial skin at home.
Ingredients to prepare for exfoliation with white sugar include:
- Three tablespoons white sugar
- Two teaspoons clove powder
- One tablespoon sesame oil
- Two tablespoons finely ground dried orange peel
- One tablespoon ground powder of rose petals
These ingredients may sound strange, but you can easily find them at drug stores. You can also use this to exfoliate your skin. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Mix all the ingredients to create a scrub for your face with white sugar.
- Step 2: Wash your face and then apply the mixture on the skin and massage the skin gently
- Step 3: Wash your face with cold water, and use rose water to tighten pores on the skin.
Thanks to this method, you can remove dirt and dead skin on the skin and make the skin deeply cleansed, quickly absorbing nutrients to nourish the skin to stay healthy.
Salt has an antiseptic and useful cleansing effect on the skin. The salt crystals, when applied to the skin, penetrate deep into each pore to remove dirt in the skin as well as kill the bacteria that are resident as pathogens under the skin.
Using a simple but exfoliating salt scrub should not be applied too often because salt can dry out the skin. You can combine salt with some ingredients such as olive oil or coconut oil to both exfoliate effectively and prevent the skin from drying out.
Let is work together to exfoliate with fine salt immediately:
- Step 1: Mix 2 teaspoons of fine salt and two tablespoons of olive oil
- Step 2: After mixing, use your hands or a special brush to apply the mixture to the skin.
- Step 3: You can use a soft toothbrush to massage the nutrients to go deep into each pore gently.
- Step 4: Use cold water to wash your face and apply toner to help skin balance the necessary moisture.
It is also not recommended for girls with sensitive or red skin, as this may cause the wound to heal longer.
Sea salt and fresh milk
Sea salt contains many minerals that help antibacterial and protects the skin effectively while raw milk contains many vitamins to help soften and moisturize the skin effectively. Exfoliating with sea salt and fresh juice is a long-lasting traditional beauty method that has been enjoyed by women to this day because of its effectiveness.
Proceed as follows:
- Step 1: Prepare two tablespoons of sea salt mixed with a spoon of fresh milk without sugar
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to your face and relax for 15 minutes
- Step 3: Wash your face with water and feel beautiful smooth skin immediately.
Follow this method twice a week to nourish bright, healthy skin.
Sugar combines honey
Honey is considered to be the best antibiotic and natural moisturizer. Honey helps cleanse the skin, heal wounds, and moisturize the skin. When combined with white sugar, a mixture of sugar and honey makes skin clean and dirt-free and stimulates cell growth.
Let us perform the following ways to exfoliate with sugar and honey:
- Step 1: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of white sugar and three tablespoons of honey
- Step 2: Apply the mixture evenly to your face, paying particular attention to massage into areas that quickly accumulate, such as the interstitial nose, chin, forehead
- Step 3: Wash your face with clean water and feel the skin clean and shiny.
Sugar and oranges
Orange peel contains antioxidants and nutrients and essential oils that help remove dead skin cells. When combined with sugar, the mixture of sugar and orange peel forms an extremely effective way to exfoliate facial skin at home. Instructions for doing this with sugar and orange peel are as follows:
- Step 1: Mix 1 tbsp of brown sugar with 1 tbsp of pureed orange peel and one teaspoon of olive oil to create adhesion to the mixture.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to the face and massage the skin, especially the skin such as the nose, chin on the cheeks to remove dead skin.
- Step 3: Wash your face thoroughly with water and dry with a clean towel.
Exfoliating with sugar and orange peels is not a popular method, but it is beneficial and easy to do at home.
Strawberries and honey
Strawberries not only exfoliate the skin but also work to lighten the skin and effectively fight the pigmentation marks. Strawberries contain antioxidants and vitamins that are good for the skin when paired with honey; Honey strawberry mask helps to nourish a smooth, glowing skin from the inside out.
Perform a honey exfoliating strawberry mask by following these steps:
- Step 1: Puree 2 strawberries with a blender
- Step 2: Take the pureed strawberries into a bowl and mix with two spoons of honey.
- Step 3: Wash your face and apply the mixture evenly on the skin
- Step 4: Relax for 15-20 minutes then rinse with water
Perform an exfoliating method with strawberries and honey about twice a week to see a noticeable effect on the skin.
Lemon and egg white
Lemon rich in natural acids helps cleanse the skin and remove impurities under the dermis for a smooth, instant glow. Egg whites also contain many nutrients and vitamins to nourish the skin soft, quickly. Let’s combine lemon and egg white to have an additional way to exfoliate your face at home:
- Step 1: Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon mixed with one egg white
- Step 2: Mix the mixture and use a brush to apply evenly to the skin
- Step 3: Lie relaxed until the mask shrinks, rinse with water.
Lemon should not be applied to girls with sensitive skin.
If you already have oatmeal, apple cider vinegar, and some honey in your home, try an oatmeal scrub at home. Oatmeal not only cleanses the skin but also nourishes the smooth white skin from deep within.
To do an oatmeal scrub, follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Prepare one tablespoon of oatmeal, ⅓ spoon of apple cider vinegar, and one spoon of honey.
- Step 2: Mix the mixture well and use to cover the face,
- Step 3: Apply the mixture to the skin and use your hands to massage in a circular motion to help the nutrients penetrate profoundly and eliminate dead skin cells.
After massage about 5-10 minutes, wash your face with clean water. Oatmeal scrubs are gentle and can be used on sensitive skin as well.
Rice bran contains many right vitamins for the skin, especially vitamins B1 and B6 to lighten the skin effectively. Using rice bran in combination with fresh milk is a way to exfoliate facial skin at home, many women believe in.
Exfoliate with rice bran in the following way:
- Step 1: Take two tablespoons of rice bran powder and three tablespoons of unsweetened milk to make a paste.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to the skin and gently rub the skin to remove all dirt and bacteria.
- Step 3: Wash your face clean and dry and perform skincare steps as usual.
Rice bran can also be used to exfoliate and lighten the skin throughout the body.
Do not overlook the way to exfoliate your face at home with coffee grounds. Because this material contains powerful antioxidants and nicotinic that work to remove the old horny layer of horny cells on the skin while removing excess oil. Combine coffee grounds with yogurt to enhance the cleansing and skin-conditioning effect.
- Step 1: Prepare three teaspoons of coffee grounds and ½ cup of unsweetened yogurt.
- Step 2: Mix these two ingredients until thick.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture on the skin and massage gently in a circular motion.
Regular exfoliating with coffee helps clean and absorb skin more effectively.
Combine sugar and bananas
Exfoliating the face with a banana is a method to help revitalize dry skin, improve skin pigmentation to help smooth skin more effectively. Applying a banana mask and regular sugar cuffs will help combat skin aging and fade dark spots.
Just prepare one ripe banana and two tablespoons of sugar and start working right away:
- Step 1: Crush or crush bananas and mix well with two teaspoons of sugar
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the skin and gently massage the skin for 10 minutes
- Step 3: Wash your face and apply a layer of toner to moisturize and tighten pores of the skin.
Green tea powder
Green tea contains IGCG specifically, which has anti-aging effects and reduces the signs of wrinkles and pigmentation, and dark spots. Combine green tea with sugar and honey for an effective way to exfoliate your facial skin, help cleanse, and prevent the appearance of acne:
- Step 1: Prepare two teaspoons of green tea powder mixed with one teaspoon of sugar and three tablespoons of pure honey so that a viscous mixture.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture evenly to the skin and use a gentle facial wash machine to moisturize and clean the surface.
- Step 3: Rinse your face with clean water and pat dry.
Green tea exfoliating mask is especially useful for women with acne-prone skin. Green tea will help minimize the oil secretion on the skin from which pores are also significantly tightened.
Many people are unaware of the walnut’s ability to exfoliate. Contain many amino acids for the growth of skin cells; trees are a way to exfoliate facial skin at home that you cannot ignore:
- Step 1: Remove the walnuts, crush, and then mix with a few tablespoons of yogurt.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to the skin, do not ignore the T-zone with many dead skins such as the chin, forehead, nose.
- Step 3: Wash your face with warm water and moisturize as usual.
Walnuts are not only a good source of energy but also help nourish healthy skin. Regularly applying this exfoliating method to your face at home, you will feel the noticeable change on the skin.
Fresh turmeric and green bean flour
In addition to its powerful antioxidants, fresh turmeric also contains a naturally occurring acid content that has antibacterial properties and repels all dead skin cells. Curcumin in fresh turmeric helps prevent acne, melasma, and freckles effectively.
Use fresh turmeric in combination with mung bean flour to enhance the ability to exfoliate the skin.
- Step 1: Combine two tablespoons of fresh turmeric powder with two tablespoons of mung bean flour and add a little boiling water to cool to create a thick paste.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture to the skin and lie down for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3: Rinse your face with water and wipe off with water on a dry towel.
Regularly exfoliating the skin with fresh turmeric also promotes the development of skin pigmentation, making the skin red and healthy.
Note when exfoliation at home?
Adhere to the execution time
Exfoliating is excellent for your skin. But, if you overdo it by doing it too often, your skin will become dry, lose its natural moisture, be more prone to irritation and more sensitive skin. You should only exfoliate with frequency 1-2 times/week is best.
It’s better to exfoliate at night than in the morning.
Nighttime is ideal for exfoliating because, at this time, your skin will not be invaded by external agents such as dust, sunlight. This is your skin to rest; the process of skin regeneration and recovery takes place actively. Bright, smooth white skin layers will gradually appear.
Need to follow the right techniques
For the exfoliating effect of being practical, do not forget to follow the proper procedure. Like face-washing technique, exfoliation should be done with gentle movements, do not rub easily, causing the skin to be scratched and damaged.
You should also remember, absolutely do not stretch your face but only use your fingers to move gently. A spiral massage is a necessary action of exfoliating.
Remember to stay away from the eye area
The skin around the eyes is usually fragile and sensitive; the skin in this area does not have too much excess skin. So, there is no need to exfoliate in this area.
Protect skin after exfoliating
After exfoliating, skincare is essential. Without any protective action, your bright, smooth, white skin will have to continue to cope with the agents that cause acne, clogged pores, darkening, aging under the action of lips school, sun.
So, do not forget to protect your skin after exfoliating in many ways, such as using sunscreen, moisturizer, lotion, sunblock, mask.
We hope to help you own a formula that is super simple, economical, and easy to change depending on the available materials. Share the ways to exfoliate at home for women to make beauty safe together.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. And if you have any questions you need, please feel free to comment under the comment section. We will answer you as soon as possible.