It is no secret that coconut oil can do some pretty amazing things: from replacing a pricier moisturizer to speeding up the healing process on a surface wound. Today we will share with you how to make use of coconut oil effectively to clean your lovely house, treat some diseases, release stress, and so on.
Clean the house
If you have coconut oil at home, try taking advantage of this excellent ingredient to remove stains, polish furniture, and repel insects.
• How to remove stains using coconut oil: You can use coconut oil to remove droplets from carpets and furniture. You can mix coconut oil with baking soda in a ratio of 1: 1 into a thick paste. Then, rub the stain gently with a scrub, wait for 5 minutes, and wipe away.
• How to use coconut oil to polish wood: Not only does it help the wooden furniture look shiny like new, coconut oil also acts as a dust-proof agent. The aroma of coconut oil also feels much more pleasant than regular chemical polishing oils.
• How to use insect repellent coconut oil: Coconut oil can be used as a base oil in combination with some essential oils to help ward off insects. They can be lavender, peppermint, basil, melaleuca tea, citronella, lemongrass.
According to some studies, coconut oil works to improve health, prevent illness, and help heal wounds. People did the majority of these studies in animals. Also, there have been no human clinical trials. You can learn more below:
- Improve liver health: Animal studies have found that the saturated fat in coconut oil can help protect the liver from damage caused by the consumption of alcohol or toxins.
- Prevention of brain disorders: Several studies have found that MCT fat in coconut oil has impressive benefits for brain disorders, including epilepsy and Alzheimer’s.
- Reduce symptoms of arthritis: A study in rheumatoid mice showed that coconut oil polyphenols reduce swelling and some inflammatory markers.
- Preventing yeast infections: Research shows that coconut oil is as effective as fluconazole. It is often prescribed for yeast infections (candidiasis).
- Helps with wound healing: Some study showed that coconut oil could treat mice’s wounds. It had reduced markers of inflammation and quick wound healing.
Virgin coconut oil can have antioxidant properties. In a near study, it appeared to reduce stress resulting from exercise and chronic cold. Researchers did believe that virgin coconut oil could be useful in treating some kinds of depression.
Many plant-based foods provide antioxidants: blueberries, dark chocolate, artichokes, pecans, strawberries, red cabbage, and so on.
Some people have said that coconut oil leaves people feeling fuller after eating. It means they will not eat so much.
However, a study compared MCT oil to coconut oil and confirmed that MCT oil exerts effects on satiety, not coconut oil.
The USDA3 provides the following nutrition information for one teaspoon of coconut oil.
Coconut oil often contains vitamin E, but no fiber and little to no other vitamins or many minerals. Also, coconut oil is nearly 100% fat, most of which is saturated fat. The structure of fat in fresh coconut oil differs from that of animal products. And, they consist of long-chain fatty acids.
Choosing a Coconut Oil Product
People could buy coconut oil at most natural-foods stores and many grocery stores. When selecting a coconut oil, stay away from hydrogenated oil or oil that has been treated with heat, solvents, or bleach. Opting for “virgin” coconut oil means that the coconut oil was really extracted from coconut flesh at low temperatures without being bleached, refined, or deodorized. Also, virgin coconut oil tends to offer a richer flavor than refined coconut oil.
Some companies make a product made from the whole coconut, not just the oil, so it also has protein and fiber. It is often called coconut butter or coconut manna and is used in smoothies, shakes, desserts, dressings, and sauces.
Although many studies are showing the prevention of coconut oil, you should still consult your doctor before use to avoid risks.
If you want to use coconut oil safely, you need not only to be careful. When you use coconut oil, you are still at risk of allergies because it is not suitable for your location. Therefore, you should only try a small amount for the first time experience! You can learn more in How to Use Coconut Oil In Clever Ways, How to Use Coconut Oil Effectively.