There must have been many people enjoying long, crunchy Baguette pieces of bread, soft intestines that are hot and cannot forget its taste. Baguette French bread is a bread usually 5-6 cm wide and 3-4 cm high, about 1 meter long and weighs 250 grams. Baguette bread rolls are often used as sandwiches for breakfast or lunch, dinner, depending on when you want to eat. The question is how to make French Baguettes?
So, if you have free time, why don’t you think about making your baguette bread yourself? Follow the way to make baguettes under the wire!
What French baguettes are made of?
A traditional French baguette is made of flour, water, yeast, and salt. It is interesting how these four simple ingredients produce a beautiful, delicious, harsh baguette. What is even more impressive is how different bakers, using the same ingredients, can make baguettes that differ from each other quite substantially sometimes.
You know that up to about a century ago making bread with natural leaven was the rule for bakers in France. Later it was a mix of natural leaven and baker’s yeast, which made the crumb lighter and more open. Lately, many bakeries seek efficiencies and switch to using baker’s yeast as using natural leavens requires more work.
Ingredients for making baguettes
Raw materials for making sourdough:
– 200 grams Bread Flour (wheat flour)
– 200 grams of filtered water
– 2 grams of instant yeast
– 2 grams of white sand sugar
Raw materials for making bread:
– 350 gram Bread Flour
– 190 – 200 grams of filtered water
– 3 grams of refined salt
– 5 grams of white sand sugar
– 10 grams of vegetable oil
– 100 grams of sourdough above
– 6 – 7 gr hatches
Note: These ingredients are just enough to make three baguette bread 40 cm in length (fit 3-pocket baguette tray).
The tool used to make baguettes:
– 3-slot baguette baking tray
– Powder blending machine
– Bowl clean
– Food wrap or clean cotton towel
– Hold the hand cage
– Closed glass jar
– A large tray of water
How to make sourdough
– Add the filtered water and white sand sugar into a bowl to clean and stir well to make the sugar melt.
– Then, add yeast, stir and gently. Leave the yeast to rest for 10 minutes.
– After 10 minutes, add flour to stir until a thick paste. Cover a clean towel on top and keep it at room temperature for 4-8 hours (summer incubation for 4 hours, winter for 8 hours).
– Next, after this incubation period, add sour yeast to a sealed glass jar and place in the refrigerator compartment. Can be used within two weeks.
How to make baguettes
– Add 50 grams of filtered water and white sugar to a bowl of a clean bowl and stir well to dissolve the sugar. Then, continue to allow the yeast to hatch and allow 5-10 minutes for the yeast to drain.
– Next, continue to add the remaining water and 100 grams of sour powder, stirring well.
– Add the mixture of yeast, flour, salt, white sand sugar to a big bowl and stuff it until it is a smooth, chewy mixture. In this step, you can stuff the dough by hand or use the machine.
– Next, incubate the dough for 30-60 minutes until the mixture is doubled.
– Then, punch the dough with your hand to release the air, divide the dough into three parts and leave the powder for 10 minutes.
– Squeeze dough into rectangular shapes about 40 cm long.
– Then, continue to brew the flour for the second time within 30-60 minutes for double baking powder.
– Use a sharp knife to cross the 3 – 5 diagonal cake surface so that the cake has room to expand when baking.
– And, use clean water to spray evenly across the cake surface, especially in the slits.
– You should turn on the oven at 250 degrees C, turn on the blower and place one tray of boiling water in the bottom of the oven. Then, you should use a full plate to disperse water evenly, and the amount of water in the dish is about 80-100 ml so that when it is half baked, the water will evaporate completely.
– Next, put the dough in the oven and bake the cake, when you see the golden cube, cool it down to 220 degrees C. Baking in about 20 – 25p, 15p in the first place, don’t open the oven door. Then, the cooked cake will have a thin, crunchy crust, a spongy blooming intestine, and a characteristic aroma of baguettes.
How to store and use bread
You already have delicious baguette sandwiches from our bread-making method, but preserving food is also an important issue.
– Firstly, for a few sliced apple slices or a few slices of potatoes with a loaf of bread will help keep food longer than usual.
– Secondly, put inside the plastic bag for meal one to two stalks, need to tighten the bag. Doing this 2 to 3 days preserved bread is still delicious.
– Next, pack bread in a sealed plastic bag and put in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Keeping this way can leave food for a whole month.
– Finally, want to save the bread for a long time but still soft, should use oil paper or nylon bag, tightly packed inside to put a lump of sugar and put in a cool place.
Great dishes when combined with bread:
– Firstly, you can enjoy baguettes with butter or cut into bite-sized slices and sandwich the sandwiches as you like.
– Also, you can stick with pate, eggs, sausages to become delicious sandwiches
– Finally, you can slice bread with delicious sauces like beef sauce.
The baguette bread with a crispy crust that still has a softcore of cake is not difficult to do.
I just said it before. What are you waiting for, let’s start making this baguette?
You can also read How to make lemon cake to learn more!
Wish you success with how to make baguettes!