The disease of acute respiratory infections caused by the Coronavirus has not shown signs of settling down. People might have paid more attention to prepare for Covid-19 as well as make antibacterial dry hand sanitizer. People are very concerned about prevention according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health and the guidance of the WHO. One way to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus is to wash your hands with soap or dry hand sanitizer if you can’t wash it off with water.
The following is a recipe for disinfectant dry hand sanitizer according to WHO guidelines.
WHO has formulated a self-concoction of dry hand sanitizers with some notes, including the formula for preparing 10 liters of hand sanitizer, the volume of each preparation should not exceed 50 liters.
Making your dry hand sanitizer
The preparation materials include:
- Spray bottle, bottle to extract solution.
- Glass jar with a capacity of 10l.
- Small funnel.
- 96% medical alcohol: 8333ml (antiseptic effect).
- 3% hydrogen peroxide: 417ml (inactivate bacterial spores in solution).
- Glycerin 98%: 145ml (moisturizes hands).
- Distilled or cooled boiled water
Note: the above tools and materials are purchased at health facilities. Medical alcohol is likely to catch fire, so make sure to stay away from fire and power sources when preparing. Wash dispensing equipment and wear gloves when handling.
Steps to make dry hand sanitizer:
- Measure 8333ml of alcohol and pour it into a bottle of 10l.
- Continue to measure 417ml of hydrogen peroxide and add it to the container.
- Measure 145ml of glycerol and place it in the box containing the mixture. After pouring, the glycerin flask should be rinsed with cold boiled water due to the viscous solution. The rinse water will pour the mixed container.
- Pour distilled water / boiled water into the box when the mixture of solutions in the bottle reaches the 10l mark. Turn the cap on immediately to avoid evaporation.
- Shake the bottle 10l to mix the solutions inside the box.
- Extract the prepared solution into smaller boxes. When the extraction is completed, wait 72 hours for the bacteria in the extraction flask to be destroyed before use.
Also, we suggest you should learn more about aloe vera gel and alcohol.
This is the easiest and most straightforward way to do it. The only ingredients are aloe vera gel and alcohol (70-90 degrees). Aloe vera is an excellent choice in this dry hand wash gel formula with many antibacterial and skincare ingredients. With high antibacterial properties, alcohol will help thoroughly eliminate viruses, bacteria, and cleanse the skin safely.
Making from aloe vera gel and alcohol (70 – 90 degree)
- Mix 2 ingredients on the ratio of 6: 4, including six parts alcohol and 4 parts aloe vera gel, stir. This formula, after you use, evaporates relatively quickly or too slowly. And especially, don’t dry your hands.
- If you want to have color, you need to add food color, put in the dry hand gel jar, and put in the refrigerator compartment after 2-3 minutes, then remove to create a fresh feeling when using.
- Extract through small bottles for convenient use.
Make a dry hand wash with aloe vera gel, essential oils, and alcohol
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel.
- 60 ml of vodka.
- A few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- One mini spray bottle.
- Put vodka and aloe vera gel in a prepared mini spray bottle and shake until ingredients are mixed.
- Next, add about two drops of tea tree oil and continue to stir, you have a safe and effective hand wash mixture.
Tea tree essential oil has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties, helping to eliminate bacteria on the hands. The combination of tea tree oil and vodka will increase the ability to remove dirt and bacteria on the sides. Aloe vera gel, as mentioned above, moisturizes and softens hands.
Use diluted tea tree oil
According to a report by theJournal of Hospital Infection, there are now many hospitals in the West that we should use hand sanitizers containing tea tree oil to disinfect. This is an essential oil that can prevent and kill harmful bacteria very effectively. Therefore, in times of scarcity of health items with cleaning and disinfectant effects, you can make your own hands sanitizers to prevent disease by dripping a few drops of tea tree oil.
These homemade hand sanitizers, you should only use it for about a week and then renew it because it will take too long to make the quality decrease. So if you talk about priority, you should still use specialized hand wash and rinse with water or disinfectant spray to protect and keep your hands clean.