Salmon is a source of nutritious food not only good for babies but also good for pregnant mothers and older people. Cooking delicious and nutritious salmon porridge will help your family stay healthy, minimize cardiovascular conditions, improve your brain health and vision. So, how to cook salmon porridge?
Salmon is rich in essential vitamins, and minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin B. These nutrients are not only beneficial to your health but also help maintain your physique and beautify skin with the following benefits:
- Improve eyesight
- Preventing inflammation
- Weight control
- Skin firmer
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Protect strong bones
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Enhance brain health
- Suitable for people with high blood pressure
Because of these nutritional benefits, salmon is often processed into many delicious and nutritious dishes. If you are looking to make delicious and nutritious salmon dishes, try these three ways to cook delightful salmon porridge.
1. How to cook salmon porridge for babies
Babies in the weaning and development stage should be supplied with many right foods for the brain as well as support their height development. Salmon is a food that can help children grow up to be healthy, smart and minimize cardiovascular, vision, and neurological diseases because it is high in omega-3 fats, proteins, DHA, EPA …
- Fish sauce, cooking oil, sugar, salt
- Two slices of shaved ginger, shredded and chopped
- 200g pumpkin peeled, cut into small pieces and washed
- 1 cup of clean, unrefined rice and picked up quality rice
- Scallions washed, finely chopped and set aside the white end of the scallions
- 200g of salmon trout washed with water mixed with a tablespoon of vinegar, drain and cut the fish in half
– Boil about 300ml of water with 1/3 teaspoon of salt, wait for boiling water, then add the salmon. Cook with low heat until the fish is cooked, remove the fish and retain the broth. The salmon is broken into small pieces with a fork.
– Continue to boil the fish broth and use a tablespoon to remove the foam floating on the surface of the water.
– Put the ordinary rice in a pot, boil it and add boiling water to the porridge so it won’t solidify, cook until the rice is cooked.
– Boil the pumpkin in a separate pot for 15 minutes until just cooked, take the pumpkin into a bowl, use a spoon to mash and spread through the sieve to smooth.
– Pour the pumpkin into the salmon porridge pot and stir for 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
– Put the pan on the stove, pour the oil, non-fragrant white onion and ginger and then put the salmon in the pan. Stir the salmon for 1 minute and add 1 tsp of fish sauce and 1/3 tsp of sugar to taste.
– Ladle porridge into a cup, to the fried salmon on top, and sprinkle with scallions to make the dish more attractive.
Alternatives to pumpkin salmon porridge are white cauliflower porridge, lotus seed salmon porridge, salmon porridge, salmon carrot porridge. You can also combine with salmon eggs to supplement nutritious and help the dish become more attractive. After cooked salmon porridge, you only need to mix salmon eggs and add a little spice to taste and have a delicious porridge immediately.
When cooking salmon porridge for feeding your baby, you should make the porridge with a medium consistency and puree so that your child can learn chewing skills. You also pay attention to remove fishbone so that the baby will not have a problem while eating.
2. How to cook salmon porridge for pregnant women
Pregnant women should eat more foods containing folic acid in vegetables, tubers, fruits to reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia, supplement omega-3 to help babies avoid the risk of neurological, cardiovascular, and eyesight. Pregnant women also need to remember iron supplements to not lead to the phenomenon of premature birth or fetal malnutrition. Salmon is one of the seafood sources that contain very little mercury and is full of essential nutrients for pregnant women.
- Spices with salt, pepper, and sugar
- A few cloves of garlic are peeled, washed and minced
- 300g of salmon fillet washed, sliced thin
- One onion peeled, washed and halved
- One small piece of ginger washed, peeled and cut yarn
- 200g of rice and 60g of glutinous rice washed, drained
- One carrot and one peeled potato, washed and diced
- Scallions washed, chopped and set aside the white end of the onion
– Marinate fish with one teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning.
– North pot on the stove, add 1 tbsp of oil, hot oil, then minced garlic into the yellow.
– Stir the rice and sticky rice for about 6-10 minutes until the seeds are opaque, pour roughly 1.5 – 2 liters of water into the pot.
– Wait for the porridge to boil, add onions, and some white onions to make it sweet and fragrant.
– Once the rice is soft, cut the carrots and ginger. While cooking the porridge, you sometimes take the stirring patch to make it not sticking to the bottom of the pot.
– Wait for all the ingredients in the oatmeal to soften, you put the fish in and season to taste again to taste, until the porridge boils, turn off the heat.
– You scoop porridge out the bowl, sprinkle scallions and spring onions to the top.
In addition to carrot salmon and potato porridge, you can diversify the menu for pregnant women with trout salmon porridge, salmon mushroom soup.
Pregnant women should eat salmon porridge combined with many vegetables, tubers, fruits to provide adequate nutrients for both mothers and healthy children. Pregnant women should also remember to eat salmon porridge 2 – 3 times/week because this is a food source with beneficial effects on the digestive system, strengthening the immune system for the mother and suitable for the development of the baby’s brain.
3. How to cook salmon porridge for the elderly
Older people often do not feel the taste of food because of their weak health over time, leading to reduced appetite and anorexia in old age. Therefore, you need to explicitly choose healthy food for the elderly to help the parents eat better. Salmon is a portion of good food for older people because it helps lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and prevent skin aging.
- 40g ordinary rice
- 35-40g sticky rice
- 40g green peas
- 1/2 onion
- One chicken skeleton washed
- Ginger peeled, washed, chopped
- White wine, dried onion, garlic, green onion
- 400g of salmon fillet washed, dried and sliced
– Soak mung beans, glutinous rice, glutinous rice for 20 minutes and remove floating particles.
– Marinate fish with white wine, salt, pepper, and chopped ginger to eliminate the fishy smell of salmon.
– Roast rice, glutinous rice, and green beans for 15 minutes until the mixture is fragrant and slightly yellow.
– Fry aromatic onions and garlic in a pan, stir fry fish until cooked.
– Put the chicken in a pot and pour about 400 – 500ml, boil the chicken and then remove all the foam. Then you add the green onions and ginger and then simmer the chicken bones when the chicken is soft, turn off the heat and strain the chicken broth.
– Add chicken broth to a pot, bring to a boil, then pour rice, sticky rice, and green beans. Turn on the low heat to simmer the rice to soften and remember to stir it occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot and causing damage.
– For stir-fried salmon in porridge pot and mix well.
– You scoop porridge into a bowl, sprinkle more scallions, fried onions, dry onions or dill.
Some of the dishes you can replace for green bean salmon porridge are lotus seed salmon porridge, salmon oat porridge, salmon spinach porridge.
Salmon with green bean porridge will be very suitable for older people when you cook liquid oatmeal, easy to swallow, and soft foods. This is a porridge dish also helps the elderly to digest quickly, avoiding flatulence and abdominal discomfort. You should also use spices that help stimulate the taste of the elderly are a sauce, pepper, onions, garlic, dill. Each week 1 cup of salmon porridge can help older people improve health.
To cook the most nutritious salmon porridge dishes for your loved ones, you should choose the fresh salmon fillets. Fresh salmon will have a bright orange color, but the color is not too dark. The surface of the meat is not wet and has no mucous membranes. When you press the fish with your finger, the fish remain firm, not friable, and elastic. Fresh salmon will have a characteristic scent of fish and not fishy.
The delicious and nutritious salmon porridge cooking method will help unite everyone in your family with warm and happy laughter. You should often show your skills cooking with salmon porridge to supple many essential nutrients for the whole family to be healthy!
Thank you for taking the time to read our article,if you have any questions you need, please feel free to comment under the comment section, we will answer to you as soon as possible.
Also, you can read “how to make cold blew“, or “how to make French Baguettes“, or“how to make lemon cake”, or “how to make Patbingsu”,and “how to make delicious kimchi” to know more about other topics!