Kitchen utensils, when cleaned with chemical cleaning solutions, will not only dry your hands but may also cause health problems if they are not thoroughly cleaned. Instead, you can clean kitchen appliances with natural ingredients that will make it safer like lemon, salt, vinegar.
One of the secrets of good cooking is a neat and regular kitchen that will help you prepare nutritious foods for the whole family. If kitchen appliances are not cleaned properly, they will multiply bacteria, mix with food, and cause health problems.
If you are afraid of chemical products, you can disinfect kitchen utensils with natural products such as salt, baking soda, vinegar, lemon. They are all products that can be purified and cleaned without harming your health.
Here are ways to clean kitchen appliances from natural ingredients:
1. How to clean a burning pot
You can clean-burning saucepans with baking soda and vinegar because they all work to deodorize, clean up stains, and kill bacteria. You make a pot cleaning solution according to the instructions:
– Put a mixture of vinegar and warm water in a saucepan or pan, then cook until boiling and turn off the heat.
– Allow to cool for 1 minute, then pour the vinegar out of the pot and add baking soda powder.
– Use a soft cloth to scratch off the remaining burns and then wash again with clean water or dishwashing liquid.
When using a non-stick saucepan or saucepan, you should clean with a soft cloth to avoid scratching.
You should not rub the bottom of the pot as it will lose its anti-stick layer and be harmful to health. When the saucepan burns out, allow it to cool completely before cleaning it to make it last longer.
2. How to clean the microwave
You can use the vinegar to deodorize and clean grease stains in the microwave with the steps below:
– Put half a bowl (cup) of vinegar in a small glass container and place it in a microwave.
– Turn the microwave on medium heat for about 5 minutes to allow the vinegar to steam the microwave and loosen the debris.
– Remove the glass turntable in the microwave and wash it with dishwashing liquid.
– Use a dry towel to wipe the entire oven and remove all greasy and greasy deposits.
You can use white wine to clean the glass and disinfect the oven in the same way as white vinegar, but you should only set the stove to medium for 3 minutes.
3. How to clean cutting boards safely
You can clean the cutting board with salt and lemon because salt has the effect of cleaning up stains, and lemons have the effect of disinfecting and deodorizing. Here are the steps:
– You sprinkle salt on the cutting board, cut a fruit in half, and use that piece of lemon to apply to the cutting board surface. You have just squeezed the cutting board and squeezed the lemon gently so that the lemon and salt work together to disinfect the cutting board.
– Leave the mixture on cutting board for about 5 minutes, then use a large blade to scrape gray liquid into a bowl and discard.
– Wash the surface of the cutting board with a sponge and water and pat dry.
If you use a mixture of lemon and salt to clean the cutting board and the board is still not cleaner, you should change to a new cutting board. You should also note the cutting board with hot water before using to chop cooked food. Ideally, you should use chopping boards of fried and fresh foods separately to ensure food safety.
If you use wooden cutting boards, you need to be careful about cleaning and drying them to avoid cutting boards that have an odor and mold.
4. How to clean blender
You can safely clean a blender with hot water and vinegar to disinfect bacteria.
– You fill the 1/3 of the dirty jar with warm water and add vinegar. Depending on how much stains you will adjust the amount of vinegar poured into the blender accordingly.
– Fit the pot securely and place a clean towel over the lid.
– Turn on the blender for about 10 seconds and keep your hands on the top of the mixer. So, water does not splash out.
– Rinse the blender with warm water and air dry.
5. How to clean electric kettle
You can use lemon to remove layers of dregs and bacteria in the electric kettle:
– Mix 30ml of lemon juice into 500ml of water and pour it in the electric kettle.
– Soak the mixture for 1 hour and bring it to the boil.
– Pour out the dough, rinse the kettle and add clean water to the kettle again to eliminate the smell of lemon in the kettle.
You can also use vinegar or baking soda instead of lemon in the same way to remove scum from the kettle. To limit the residue sticking at the bottom of the kettle, you should not leave excess water in the kettle after use because standing water is also the cause of bacteria and scum.
Also, do not let the water get into the socket during cleaning the electric kettle as it is hazardous.
6. A simple way to clean gas stove at home
The most vulnerable part, which is the hardest part to clean, is the gas stove stand. You can refer to how to clean the gas stove with baking soda by following the steps below:
– Remove the tripod from the gas stove and soak it in warm water to reduce the initial layer of grease.
– Mix baking soda with a little water and use a sponge to coat the mixture on the stand of a gas stove.
– Immerse yourself with a baking soda mixture for 20 minutes and use a toothbrush to scrub the food residue and rinse with clean water.
After cleaning the gas hob with baking soda, you should regularly clean the gas hob with vinegar. You put the vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on the gas stove, let stand for 15 minutes and wipe off with a soft cloth.
7. How to clean the sink
The sink is one of the places that contain the most bacteria in the kitchen. To clean your sink from bacteria, you can use lemon, vinegar, baking soda, and flour. Proceed as follows:
– You wash the garbage in the sink, rinse lukewarm water around the sink to eliminate odors, and prevent clogging.
– Mix one teaspoon of baking soda powder into a mixture of lemon juice and vinegar, stir well, and pour around the surface of the basin.
– Leave this mixture for 10 minutes and then use a brush to wash away any dirt, grease, and rinse the basin with hot water. You can also sprinkle this mixture on the faucet handle to clean bacteria.
– Wipe the basin clean and use flour to polish the sink. Sprinkle the powder around the sink and use a dry towel to clean and wipe around the sink to remove excess dust.
8. How to clean fridge fragrance
Refrigerators are often home to many different raw foods, so they can quickly accumulate many bacteria if not properly cleaned. You can refer to the following ways to deodorize and clean your refrigerator.
– Put orange and tangerine peels in the corners of the fridge to eliminate the fridge odor.
– Cut fresh slices of lemon into the refrigerator compartments to remove the smell of the refrigerator.
– Put the dried tea bag (floral type) in the freezer to deodorize the fridge continuously for one month.
You mix a mixture of lemon juice, salt, vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on the surface to be cleaned and wipe with a dry towel.
The clean and fragrant cooking space not only helps you feel comfortable to prepare more delicious dishes but also good for the health of the whole family. To avoid moldy kitchenware or bacteria, you should regularly clean kitchen appliances and dry them carefully with natural ingredients. You also need to store cooking utensils in clean and dry places so that the bacteria will not have a chance to clean kitchen appliances!
I wish you success!
We hope that you did understand some ways to clean kitchen appliances well!