Harmony with colleagues will help the job smoothly and more conveniently. Besides, you also build a reliable alliance network. So, you should how to behave at work and try to treat everyone in work skillfully by applying the following ten tips:
There must be times when you are scolded by your boss and feel uneasy. However, walk-in silence because if you speak, people may notice anger, anger in your voice, and thus, the situation may be more complicated. People will assume that you are not professional and more dangerous is against the company. Therefore, when faced with sensitive situations, say less than what you think. Voice control will help reduce the case, and your image will be less harmful. In the workplace, use smart words so that they show more than you say. This is an important tip to behave at work!
Be careful with promises
If you want to make specific commitments, first make sure you can implement them. Remember that the easiest way for people to lose faith in you is to promise lots and lots of promises. Colleagues and bosses treat you as an irresponsible person and are wary of you when implementing future projects. So be careful with your obligations and keep your faith.
Treat people well and encourage people
Never miss the opportunity to show kindness, willingness to help and support colleagues. Praise those who have accomplished excellent work, even if it is the success of your competitors. With this kind of behavior, you can make the most challenging colleague to be touched. Also, when making negative comments, do it politely, constructively, and never show disgust. Indeed, you will gain the affection of everyone in the company.
Interested in everyone
To behave at work well, learn about hobbies, family, and colleagues’ difficulties. When others are happy, be happy with them, and when they have trouble, grief, share, sympathize with them. Be courteous to everyone, from him to the general manager. People will trust more when they realize the attitude of interest in you.
Always happy and optimistic
Optimistic, the cheerful expression not only helps you “be immune” to stress but also helps people work together. People will feel comfortable, even like being with you. Therefore, do not stall with trouble, small frustration, and “carry” the sullen face to the agency.
Don’t let yourself get into intense debates with colleagues or bosses. Let’s discuss, not controversy. Persistent stress disagreements can turn people into enemies. Therefore, you should be calm and comfortable in any situation. And when faced with opinions you don’t agree with or don’t like, behave so skillfully to show disagreement without causing discord.
Be careful when commenting on others
It is best to refuse to discuss the badness or weaknesses of others when suggested. Lowering others to lift yourself is a waste of time. Moreover, it also shows negativity, especially in the workplace, the spirit of teamwork, and the general working spirit of everyone will be severely reduced. Colleagues can also do the same for you if you raise your voice against them. Therefore, do not let gossip control your office life.
Pay attention to everyone’s feelings
Your funny personality can help make the office work more comfortable. However, don’t let your jokes make someone feel hurt. Not ridicule about looks, illness, family, private matters of people. Words in mocking sentences are the most poignant words. Pay attention to the feelings and thoughts of others when commenting on them.
Not interested in malicious comments from others about you
Remember, people who speak ill, spiteful comments about others will not be respected. Don’t let those rude comments negatively affect you. Use your actions, your success to clarify everything and make people look right about you.
No pressure on your achievement
Relax and do your best in your ability. The fever of your success can cause you to act blindly, such as robbing your colleagues of your reputation. Anxiety only adds to your stress and pressure. Let everyone see your comfortable working spirit, and you will achieve pride and joy when the work is done brilliantly.
All this will help you behave at work well!
Act like a professional
You have been hired into an entry-level position in your chosen career path, and you are eager to rise through the ranks.
Now is the time to act like a professional:
- Be of great character. Carry yourself with decency and integrity.
- Master several skills that make you the go-to-person on your team for these skills.
- Don’t be afraid to study new skills.
- Share your knowledge with peers if they express interest.
- Be reliable and dependable. Come to work on time, arrive on time and prepared for meetings, and deliver quality work product by deadline.
- Maintain a positive attitude and inspire those around you.
- Take ownership. If you screw up, admit it and fix it if you can. If you can not, find someone who can.
- Be proactive. If you see a need, fill it. If you see a challenge or opportunity coming down the pike, address it.
- Be diligent. As stated in item #5, above, deliver the best work product you can on the deadline. The quality of your work speaks volumes about you.
- Exercise self-discipline. Be sure you are up to your professional best during working hours, and leave your personal life outside of the office whenever possible.
- Exude dedication: to quality; to use of resources in the smartest way possible; to professional growth and development; and most of all, to your company.
- Put the mission first. Always. It is not about you or your ego. You are there to work toward completing the task, whether it is the mission for this particular job or the company’s overall mission.
- Understand essential data that defines success in your role, whether it is Return on Investment, or Earnings per Share or Turnover Rate or another data point.
- Be an efficiency tightwad. Identify ways to save the company money, time, and other resources. Then you should share them with your supervisor.
- Pitch in even when a task is not in your job description but needs to get done because it is crunch time for your team. If a supervisor asks, pitch in, and get it done, it’s all about teamwork, and you never know when you are going to need the help!
- Don’t whine about problems. Identify opportunities and challenges and offer solutions, too!
- Don’t be afraid to advocate an alternative position. Just be sure you can back it up with a reasoned argument while keeping your ego in check. Refer back to item #12.
- Dedicate yourself to transparency and have nothing to hide.
- Be organized. Know what you have got and where it is located. That way, you won’t lose valuable time because something fell through the cracks.
- Communicate clearly and concisely. You should deliver the facts in as few words as necessary to get the message across.
We believe that you will behave at work well and know how to act like a professional.