Besides lipstick and eyeliner, powder blush palettes also a “security” to make women beautiful and more attractive. If you want to make your face natural and fresh, applying powder blush is a makeup step that girls should not overlook. This is considered an essential makeup step. Do you know what gives you a perfect blush? The answer depends on the shape of your face. In this article, HowtoNC invites you to review the ways how to apply the blush suitable for each shape of your face.
HOW TO KNOW YOUR FACE SHAPES
Determining the shape of the face makes the blush simpler and more beautiful. Without knowing your face shape, it is hard to apply the blush to bring out facial contours. So, how to accurately identify your face shape? Here are the simple steps for your reference:
Step 1:Prepare a tape measure, pen, and paper for taking notes.
Step 2:Use a tape measure to measure the forehead, jaw, and cheeks horizontally. Then note down the measurements on paper.
Step 3:Measure the face length by measuring the ruler from the forehead down to the tip of the chin.
The blush is one of the cosmetics “buy as much as not enough” similar to lipstick.
After you have completed the measurement, you can compare the measurements to identify your face shape:
- Square face and round face:The face has the same length and width. However, the surface is more perpendicular to the round face.
- Oval face:The forehead is wider than the jawbone, and the face length is larger than the cheekbone. Besides, the angle of the jaw has a rounded shape.
- Heart face:The measurements get smaller from the forehead to the jaw.
- Long Face:Face length is more excellent than width.
SECRETS FOR APPLYING THE BLUSHES FOR EACH FACE SHAPE
After successfully determining your face, you can refer to the following blushing methods.
The square face has quite a lot of angles. You can brush your cheeks to create a softer feel for your face.
- Take the brush in the square.
- Spread powder from cheekbones to temples.
Before dragging the brush to the corner of the nose, you should blend perpendicularly from the temple to the lower side about 2cm.
For a round face, the effect of applying powder blushes is to create a slimmer effect for the face. You can apply the blush in the following way:
- Take the brush in a triangle.
- Spread the powder evenly from the cheekbone to the ear, then go up to about 3cm near the temple.
The oval shape is inherently harmonious, so you need to press a little bit of the blush on either side of the cheekbone.
- Brush and spread the chalk in a circle.
- If you want to give the nose a higher effect, you can apply chalk along the bridge of the bill.
For a heart-shaped face, the part from the tip of the nose to the forehead is entirely elected. Meanwhile, the part from the tip of the nose to the chin is more pointed.
- Apply powder from cheekbone, then blend well around.
- To balance the face, you should apply a little more powder along both sides of the temple.
Powder blushes can help your face become more harmonious.
- Take the brush horizontally.
- Spread powder from cheekbones to temples.
SHOULD USE POWDER BLUSH PALLETE SUITABLE FOR SKIN
Each skin type will suit different types of blushes. The girls should choose the appropriate powder blush type for the skin to protect the skin and create a perfect effect.
Makeup artists often prefer liquid, cream, or helmeted blushes to powder. Powder blush easily attaches to pores when used. This makes makeup remover takes longer and more likely to cause clogged pores, causing acne. Also, skin imperfections such as dry skin and wrinkles will be more “exposed” when using blushes. Liquid blush is considered to help manipulate the blend more easily, bringing the perfect look for your makeup.
Compared to dry skin, oily skin is more suitable for blushes. Powder blush does not add oily to the skin. Besides, some types of color have greasy properties that help balance skin moisture.
- Applying blush in the suitable areas is not enough, you should blend well too. I suggest you use a damp sponge or a stiff brush to blend your blush into your face.
- If you are busy and don’t have any blush, you can add a little color to your cheeks with a lipstick. To blend quickly, if it is a highly pigmented lipstick, it could set fast and look blotchy.
- Don’t forget to blush your face when contouring. We all know that contouring is a perfect way to carve cheekbones and jawlines using just makeup. However, if you don’t apply the blush to the finished product, you are missing an important step.
- Finish your look with a setting spray: It means sealing in your appearance without drying out the skin or adding another layer of color by spritzing a setting spray all over your face after you finish applying your makeup. Mist onto face in both X- and T-motions to cover all sides of your face and lock your makeup into place all day long.